- Recruitment agents - some good, some bad
- Recruitment websites - lots of repetitive positions being advertised
- Approaching companies directly - targeted, but be prepared for a knock back
- Word of mouth - takes more time to find a job, but more chance of appointment
- Networking - again, more chance of being appointed
This is something that I have struggled to do in the past, as approaching people to ask for things doesn't come easy to many people, but to secure a position, you need to learn new skills - this will be my new skill to master.
It is a tough job to do, as there are so many other people hunting for a job at the same time, I have to put myself above them to secure a position.
It is true what they say, finding a job is a full time job!